Well my week ended with me in better spirit than I felt at the beginning of the week. Once I documented my concerns and issues with the nursing home and had a face-to-face discussion with the nursing supervisor I felt a little better. Of course, that does not mean that all the problems have been resolved, it just means I was able to put everything in perspective. There will always be some type of issue as there is no perfection, but as I have been trained to do; when in doubt document the heck out of it and be sure it's captured accurately. Also, thank goodness for cameras, as pictures work wonders to capture data. There will be more documentation presented this week, but I'm definitely not in the emotional hole I was in last week. I was joking yesterday that my next career will be ADVOCATE. Advocate for who I'm not sure, but I'm good at going to bat for those that need it.
Papa is feeling better this week than he was last week. Turns out his blood pressure is bottoming out so he's off that medication. Now to get his sugar back under control. He tells the nurse one thing, blames me for others and then when I call him out, he just grins like a small boy. No wonder he got away with a lot of stuff when he was young. I said to him on the way to church, did you eat something? He said, no I was going to, but I fell asleep watching tv. He said to me, if I get woozy in church this morning I'm just going to start watching mass on TV. I said, it's up to you, but you are allowed to sit down when others are standing, you don't have to stand the whole time. I said others are sitting so you can too. He said, they have changed the mass too much and now there is too much standing since they don't kneel any longer. Truly, it depends on the church, as this church is newer it does not have pews and kneelers so everyone stands. He brought a small bottle of water with him just in case. He did fine this morning.
I finished reading: "CHASING BUTTERFLIES" by Charles Martin. It's a novel about discovery with very interesting characters. It's a wonderful story about life and how the secrets of the past impact the present.
I also finished "YOU ARE A BADASS" by Jen Sincero. A self-help book for people who want to improve their lives. Plainly written with some good steps for identifying the self-sabotaging behaviors and moving forward. I'm passing this on to some young ladies who will hopefully see themselves the way I do as they move into the future.
I have to admit I wasted two hours last night and watched Magic Mike XXL on HBO. Yes, I admit the bodies were nice to look at, but when it was over, I actually said out loud - that's two hours I can't get back. Oh well, guess I needed to relax.
I started a little spring cleaning as I reviewed a drawer or two of papers. I'm always amazed at what I find whether it be old jewelry (unworn), dried out socks, old bills (shredding time), or pictures. It's memories upon memories with some of these items. Sometimes, questions just pop into my head about the items. We'll see how far I get with the cleaning.
My heart goes out to my friends Kim and Fran. They both lost a very important man in their lives. One lost a father and the other a husband as he passed on suddenly the other day. I am with them in spirit and there for them if they need me. I can't be there in person, but they know I'm sending love.
I am going to end it here today. Need to check on Lady (she was ill during the night) and take her for a walk. Then perhaps a trip to the waterfront. I hope you have a good week. Take care. Chat soon. Marie
I just found the following and thought I would provide to you...so meaningful.
31 Affirmations That Can Transform Your Life by Sylvia Mordini
1. I am ready for change.
2. I love and accept myself exactly as I am.
3. I attract amazing people.
4. I always deserve love.
5. I am grounded in acceptance.
6. Others love me easily and joyfully.
7. People are just waiting to love me, and I allow them.
8. I am radiating love.
9. I am happy in my own skin.
10. I express love to all those I meet.
11. I bathe in unconditional love.
12. Love radiates from me at all times.
13. I love myself completely.
14. Love comes to me easily and effortlessly.
15. I give and receive love easily and joyfully.
16. I create my reality.
17. I trust myself.
18. I compare myself only to my highest self.
19. I now feel loved and appreciated by my parents, my friends.
20. I express love freely.
21. As I give love, I am instantly supplied with more.
22. I radiate love to all persons and places and things.
23. I breathe in universal love.
24. I am open to receiving love.
25. I am a radiant being filled with light and love.
26. I know my wisdom guides me to the right decision.
27. I attract loving people and relationships into my life.
28. I project love to everyone I meet.
29. Happiness is a choice.
30. I love and approve of myself.
31. The past has no power over me anymore.
Referrals are always appreciated.